Friday, May 1, 2009

Sorry I didn’t write yesterday! It was a busy day, full of running errands in Tampa. There’s a cheap bus that will take you to Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, and a really nice mall, so I was able to just walk around on land and feel a little bit more like a normal person for a day ☺
We open the Intro Show in THREE DAYS. I can’t believe it! And tonight we’re watching the old cast perform Fiesta for their last time, because we open that show a week from today. It’s unbelievable, honestly. In some ways the past few weeks have gone by slowly, but in other ways they’ve really flown by. I just pray that I’ll be at performance level in time for Fiesta, all the while having to learn Shout this week as well.
It’s amazing what a year away from the stage can do to your confidence. I’ve found myself many times a day wondering why I’m here and if I’m good enough. I often forget how to really perform, as strange as that sounds, and it’s something I’ve done a million times. I’m also struggling with the amount of singing I’m doing each day (usually 4 or 5 hours of mostly belting, which is more than I’ve ever had to do on a consistent basis). Today my throat really hurt all day and I was given the afternoon off for it to recover. Once we’re done rehearsing I’ll only be singing at most 2 hours a day, with days off in between shows to recover. But right now I just feel a bit like I’m on overload.
Still continuing to learn SO MUCH, and feeling humbled and blessed to be here. Only 30 weeks to go…we can make it. <3>
PS No exciting re-route news. We're just going to Cayman- OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Bit of a bummer. =/

3 comments:

  1. Bummer about Cozumel, I was wondering about that. Don't catch the swine flu okay? So excited to come see you on the cruise...it's going to be me and Abs. Fun times. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I could, I would leave a honey bear outside your door :>)

    love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to the cayman islands sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete