Monday, May 18, 2009

It's been a while!

Hello all!
So much has happened in the past week! We've now opened all the shows and performed them at least twice. I LOVE performing SHOUT, it's so much fun! It's a basically a bunch of different styles of music and in some sections I get to impersonations, which it kind of hilarious...me in a Tina Turner wig...yeah :)
The supervisors left on the 13th, so this past cruise was our first cruise completely on our own. We still have 2 hours of rehearsal each Sea Day (days we're not in Tampa or Cayman) but other than that I don't have any real responsibilities. This past cruise I've spent as much time as possible sleeping, and trying to gain back some energy. We were down 2 dancers for the first half of the cruise. One of them went home on Thursday for a few weeks to recover from a neck injury, so hopefully she'll be back soon! And the other hurt her back so she didn't do Intro or SHout with us but was fine last night for Fiesta. It's amazing to me how the dancers are able to learn what we call "re-blocks"- they change the spacing of people on stage so that we can perform the shows without everyone and it doesn't look like people are missing. Their memories are incredible!
I plan on spending more time in the gym this cruise- although I have to be careful for now, because on Saturday I got my first sunburn... =/ I look ridiculous because I used sunscreen but it was a spray, and even though I rubbed it in, apparently it didn't cover me well enough. I've got spots and stripes or red all over my arms and tummy. Oops! It doesn't hurt too bad, luckily. I just find it so amazing that I can manage to burn even when I THINK I'm being careful. Oy.
My voice is hanging in there, I'm learning the importance of warming up! I can go up to the theater and feel a little sore, but I'll warm up and feel like I can sing anything! Which is great, because SHOUT is really taxing on my voice. I'm impressing myself by not getting sick yet though. If anything happens, I've got enough medicine to last a loooong time.
Hope everyone is well back home, and enjoying spring! It's raining in Tampa right now..ick. I guess I can't really complain though.. :)
I miss you all!
<3

1 comment:

  1. So sad I missed you today!! Your song came on the radio the other day... (kokoamo) and I turned it up and got REALLY excited! I'm so excited to come and see you perform you star you!! Remember to stay healthy when I'm there so that I can see you rock it on stage! :) YAY! Love you! I hope to talk soon! I move in this week!

    ReplyDelete