Sunday, April 19, 2009

First Rehearsal

Yesterday we rehearsed movement for the first time. I’m not gonna lie, I’m out of practice! I have to be on my game if I’m gonna remember all of this stuff. It’s hard too, because we’re working on Fiesta, which Derrick and I haven’t seen yet (we’ll see it tomorrow night). Last night we got to see SHOUT! Which is going to be a LOT of fun. I’ll be wearing some ridiculous looking wigs (and in all different colors!) but some really fun dresses and some boots that go past my knees for Born To Be Wild and Devil With The Blue Dress On. SWEET ☺ I’ve been getting to know our cast a little bit better too, although right now there’s a lot of separation between the singers and dancers because the dancers are in rehearsal ALL THE TIME. WE’re very international- Australia, England, Romania, Brazil, Ecuador, Canada and the US.

I got pretty emotional yesterday since it’s Bry’s and my two year anniversary (is that grammatically correct..?) but we got to talk on the phone and skype, and that helped tremendously. I’ll leave you with the words of my Spanish ballad in Fiesta, of which I’m halfway through learning, it’s really tough!! Keep in mind it’s translated, so some lines sound kinda funky. But you get the idea. I’d say it’s pretty timely. Love!!

Sometimes I think I am lying to you
When I tell you that I love you
Because this is more than just loving
Sometimes I think that I have died
When you aren’t there any more and I wake up
Because this is more than just loving
There is something that takes me away
Something that neither kills nor poisons
There is something more
Something more than loving

There is something more than distance,
Than pain and nostalgia
We both know this is not going to drift us apart
It is giving you a kiss every night
Let your hands fill me with love
And make our love grow more and more every day

I already know this isn’t loving
Because I can lose myself in your eyes
Beside you I can forget all my fears
Don’t you know you were meant for me?
You are the night and the day in my life
The blood in my veins
And I’d give them away for you
Beside you the world has no boundary
And time has no end

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovey love! Sounds like things are hard, but positive! I am SO proud
    of you honey! Are you eating, drinking enough water, getting some sleep? (mama has to ask! :) I am so glad you got to talk and skype with Bry yesterday - i texted him and let him know i was thinking about you two and holding you tight with my love and prayers. Hope i get to talk to you tomorrow when you are in Tampa! I can't believe the girl you are replacing is from Coon Rapids! What are the odds???
    GLY&SDI my precious girl! mamamamama

    ReplyDelete