Monday, June 1, 2009

happy june!

It's been a while since I wrote, and lots has happened! 2 cruises ago, I went on a snorkeling tour with some friends, and we got to swim with sting rays! Yes, as you may have guessed from my facebook status, I got BIT by a sting ray. The response of many when I returned? "That WOULD happen to you." HA. It was such a weird feeling- it took off a little skin on my finger, but nothing too horrible and it's almost healed completely now. In case you're wondering, it feels like putting your finger between two pieces of sand paper. Those buggers are strong, too. Haha, it's a good story.
Two more dancers injured themselves this cruise (another girl injured her neck, a guy hurt his back), which meant a very empty stage for the past couple of shows- at least that's what it felt like. I don't think either of them will be better for tonight or tomorrow night =/ And unfortunately, my throat is still in pretty bad shape. Yesterday I didn't talk at ALL, a very difficult feat but I pulled it off. But we had shows, so of course it just starts the process over again. It's SO frustrating! I'm sounding all right in the shows (I think..) but I've had to take out some of the fun belty stuff as a precaution. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!
I'm getting better at filling my days, I've started a Bible Study (Believing God, by Beth Moore) and I've read a couple more books. I'm also going to the gym almost every day! I have yet to start learning Italian, but I'll get there :)
Overall, life is good. Mama comes in 20 days!! I swear, it's what keeps me going! Knowing that loved ones are coming all the way out here to see me. 76 days til my wonderful boyfriend is in my presence! :)
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so we need PICTURES of you in your hot costumes and wigs!!! For those of use who still have to wait until AUGUST to see it!! = ) Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph....uh...what's the countdown till your wonderful friend Trish gets there? ....just curious. ;)

    ReplyDelete