Friday, June 26, 2009

Cozumel!

Hey hey! We’ve finally made it back to Cozumel, and a ton of other things have happened too! Our new dancers made their debut last cruise, so Mama and her friends got to see the shows with a full cast, something we hadn’t done since we started performing! We had a BLAST with Mama, Chris and Mary. I was able to attend some guest activities that I normally don’t go to, like the Captain’s Cocktail Party and the Magic and Comedy show- so much fun! They even got a taste of the spot light a couple times, competing in a lip synching competition, taking Swing Dance class, and then of course there was the moment in the middle of Shout when Derrick had everyone applaud for my mother. ☺ She said it was a little embarrassing, but mostly honoring ☺ I got to eat in the guest dining room every night, which was inSANEly delicious. You can order as much food as you want, and I DID. Chocolate Melting Cake is the most divine dessert anyone will ever eat.
We went to Cozumel last cruise to a bar/restaurant opened by people who used to work on a cruise ship and then opened the bar for crew of any ship that docks in Cozumel. It was so much fun! Unfortunately, the trip to Cozumel is much rockier than to Cayman, so we’ve now performed while actually feeling the ship move. It’s so distracting and a little scary! I can’t imagine what hurricane season will be like.
Our dance captain left yesterday and a new dancer came to take his place while he goes home to South Africa for a month. He’s a quick learner, and he has already performed these shows so it wasn’t as hard to get him blocked in. It’s going to be fun to have him as part of the cast for a while!
Lissy gets married TOMORROW and I can’t believe it. I so wish I was in Minnesota this weekend, more than anything. I’m thinking about you my love and I’m so so happy for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment