Thursday, September 17, 2009

you can't keep me down!

hello hello!
Greetings from PANERA- we found a panera in tampa and my life could not be more complete at this moment ;) It's great though, it's a little shopping center and being here makes me feel like a normal person haha!
Many things have happened since I last wrote. As a cast, we took a trip to passion island in cozumel (photos are up on facebook). You take a speed boat called the Twister to a small island with nothing on it but lounge chairs and umbrellas. There's an open bar and buffet as well. It was the first outing where the entire cast was together, and to make it even better we were the only ones there for half the day! A whole island to ourselves :)
Two cruises ago, I had a great surprise- Sara Fertig, a friend from high school, happened to be on the Inspiration for her honeymoon! I got to meet her new hubby and they got to see my shows. It was so much fun! I was wondering if anything like that might ever happen.
Last cruise was a bit of a bummer. Right at the very end of the Intro Show, I rolled my ankle and hurt it pretty badly. The next morning it was swollen up like a balloon and ugly and bruised, so unfortunately I had to miss out on SHOUT for both performances. I was honestly devastated. Charlie and Tiffany both had family visiting and I hated that I couldn't be with them at all or have them see the show as it's supposed to be. I was signed off (meaning that I couldn't get off the ship- literally couldn't leave my room unless I was going to the mess to get food) for three days. Thankfully, I healed up in time for Fiesta last night and it went really well! The swelling's almost completely gone at this point. As I may have mentioned, when Derrick or I can't perform one of the dancers takes our place, so Kali got to debut as the Production Singer the other night. I only wish I could have seen it! I heard she did a great job lip syncing to my voice :)
As of yesterday, I have 2 months to go. I can't believe it! Also, I got an email from the Singing Supervisor, and I officially have a replacement! Her name is Marjorie, and she's worked for Carnival before. I can't wait to meet her in about a month!
Future plans include Busch Gardens (hopefully on Monday!) and visits from Chelsea and then Jeff, Laura, Lisa, Kenny, Benny and Megan. I can't WAIT!
Love to ALL, especially my Bry. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment